How to Plan an Extended Trip?
It was harder and yet easier than I thought it would be. I used multiple resources for my research in this trip.
Sites and Resources Used
- Southeast Asia by Lonely Planet
- Dive Booker
- Google flights
- Blog sites for tips
The hardest part is trying to figure out how long you want to stay.
- Write everything down in a calendar
- Keep all emails in a file
- Print out copies and keep it in a binder
- Pack less.
- Don’t lose your phone overseas
- Plan less, go with the flow
- Don’t bring guide books, buy them for your kindle. They add unnecessary weight.
- Bring 2 accessories for camera. 2 battery chargers, extra O-ring etc… It’s difficult to find in some places.
- Have extra money for crazy mishaps. Maybe 1,000 to 2,000 over your budget.
- Carry emergency money
- Spend a little more for comfort
- Keep checked in luggage 20 kilos or less
- Carry-all cameras and batteries in your carry-on bag
Biggest Lesson Learned
Toss it all out and go with the flow. Pick and few places and hop on the plane. Decide later where you want to go. If you hate it leave early! If you love it stay longer!