December and January 2019/2020
Need to know about Kakatua
300,000 IDR per night dorm room
Approximately $20 USD per night
- Comfortable bed
- I feel like I’m in a treehouse ☺
- Beds are comfortable
- Staff is super nice
- Internet is good. Netflix won’t load 😩
- Chinta, the manager, is so helpful and accommodating. He is why this hostel is awesome.
- Hot water never works
- Water pressure in evening non-existent
- Food is boring, usually, fried rice or they are out of everything.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”19″ gal_title=”Kakatua”]
You will find that Waisai is not very remote at all. ATMs are everywhere and plenty of restaurants to choose from. The roads are well-maintained and very wide. You get the feeling the area is expecting huge growth.
Walkthrough of Kakatua Video
So not Remote
If you want remote you’ll have to go to Kri or Gam island. You probably won’t have Wi-Fi, hot water or AC. I would recommend a Homestay because they are cheaper all around.
If you are staying a night or two in Waisai, stay here. Chinta is an amazing guy. They will make arrangements for you to go wherever you need. In my case, every day they took me to the Dive Center. He also took me on a tour of Waisai on his motorbike. He also, stopped for me to take pictures of the town and the market.
Highly recommend these guys 🤟.