I highly recommend this resort. Also, I would suggest getting a room with AC. It is very hot and humid and is far too uncomfortable to sleep with just a fan.
It’s not a cheap resort or a luxury resort. More of a middle of the road, with options to upgrade. From dorm rooms with fans to private rooms with AC.
Food is served buffet style. There is always something delicious to eat. They serve western-style food but also Indonesia. No fish or seafood is served but does have a vegetarian plate.
They will make arrangements to pick you up from the airport. Their speedboat will then take you to Mabul.
Cost 90 RM (car transportation from the airport)
- Put back into the community
- Great food
- Dive guides are courteous and knowledgeable
- I recommend diving with Azlan. He loves the macro and will point it out to you.
- Rooms are bungalow style and nicely put together.
- Favorite spot, upstairs restaurant bar
- The Internet is great in the bar area (streamed movies) but not in the room.
- The beds are a bit firm and bouncy
- Shower pressure ok
- No hot water, heated by the sun
- Water is salty and it’s hard to get clean hair
Interesting facts about Scuba Junkies
- Recycle the water used
- Run a turtle rehab
- 80% or more of the staff are locals. They are trained by SJ as instructors and DM’s
- They give back to the community
- Dispose of the trash on the island. They collect trash from the locals and take it to the mainland for them.
- The locals are still using dynamite in certain areas. You could hear it and feel it go off in the water. I thought my tank exploded!
- There is a lot of trash on the beaches. It washes up from Semporna. SJ keeps their beach areas clean and disposed of rubbish.