Need to know
I highly recommend this resort. Also, I would suggest getting a room with AC. It is very hot and humid and is far too uncomfortable to sleep with just a fan.
It’s not a cheap resort or a luxury resort. More of a middle of the road, with options to upgrade. From dorm rooms with fans to private rooms with AC.
Approximately $2000 8N
All inclusive food
Food is served buffet style. There is always something delicious to eat. They serve western-style food but also Indonesia. No fish or seafood is served but does have a vegetarian plate.
They will make arrangements to pick you up from the airport. Their speedboat will then take you to Mabul.
Cost 90 RM (car transportation from the airport)
- Put back into the community
- Great food
- Dive guides are courteous and knowledgeable
- I recommend diving with Azlan. He loves the macro and will point it out to you.
- Rooms are bungalow style and nicely put together.
- Favorite spot, upstairs restaurant bar
- The Internet is great in the bar area (streamed movies) but not in the room.
- The beds are a bit firm and bouncy
- Shower pressure ok
- No hot water, heated by the sun
- Water is salty and it’s hard to get clean hair
Interesting facts about Scuba Junkies
- Recycle the water used
- Run a turtle rehab
- 80% or more of the staff are locals. They are trained by SJ as instructors and DM’s
- They give back to the community
- Dispose of the trash on the island. They collect trash from the locals and take it to the mainland for them.
- The locals are still using dynamite in certain areas. You could hear it and feel it go off in the water. I thought my tank exploded!
- There is a lot of trash on the beaches. It washes up from Semporna. SJ keeps their beach areas clean and disposed of rubbish.
All i can say is go, go, go!!